I have a hard time hiding my love of The Pioneer Woman. But, why should I? Ree rocks! And, so does her food. This is her spin on chicken spaghetti. I have to say, it’s pretty good (even when you lower the fat content)! This recipe is great for us because I will cook it on Sunday and we’ll eat it one day during the week. My kids love anything that resembles spaghetti, so this is always a dish that I know they will eat.
Servings = 8
Weight Watchers Points+ = 8
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 20 ounces cream of mushroom soup, low-fat
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, 2%
- 2 cups chicken broth, fat-free
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 4 ounces pimentos, drained
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
Heat oven to 350°.
Boil the chicken and shred. Set aside.
Boil the noodles to al dente according to the package directions.
Once the noodles are cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except 1 cup of cheese. Mix until well combined.
Pour noodle mixture into a greased baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate, or bake immediately for 45 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Cover with foil if the cheese starts overcooking.